Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions "the Customer" shall mean the person, firm, company or authority whose order has been accepted by the Company and
"the works" shall mean the works to be carried out pursuant to an order by "the Company" (C M Roofing)). ALL QUOTATIONS / ESTIMATES
MADE AND ORDERS ACCEPTED BY THE COMPANY are SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Any provision stipulation or condition in the customers conditions of order or otherwise which conflict with or in any way qualifies or negates any of
these terms and conditions shall have no effect and these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless evidenced in writing under the signature of a director of the Company.
- All Quotations or estimates by the Company are by way of invitation only and may be withdrawn without notice and the Company shall not be bound
until it has dispatched a written acceptance of order to the customer.
- All prices are based on the cost to the Company of goods and materials, labour, transport and other costs ruling at the date when such priced were
quoted. In the event of any such costs to the Company being increased directly or indirectly prior to completion of the works, the Company reserves the
right to charge all such increases as an addition to the contract price.
- All prices given out by the Company are estimated on the basis of what is seen at the time. If upon removing existing roof coverings, surfaces facades
plaster decorative surfaces etc the Company discovers that extra work is required to correctly install new materials to rectify rotten materials/previous
poor workmanship etc. The Company reserves the right to charge for the extra time & materials required to complete the Works correctly. All extra
work is charged to our standard daily/ hourly rate plus the cost of the materials required
- The Company carries full Public liability and Risk Assessments where necessary. Public Liability Insurance of £5,000,000.00,
- The Company reserves the right to request deposits/interim payments on account to the value and above the value of the work and / or materials.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment is due in full on completion of works (including roof survey reports). Should payment not be received
within 14 days following the date of the invoice, the Company may charge interest daily at the rate of 3% per day above the current base rate on all
- Any commencement or completion dates given by the Company at any time are given in good faith but time is not of the essence of the contract and
the Company shall not be held liable for loss, damage or expenses suffered by the customer or any other party arising directly or indirectly from the
Company's failure to comply with such dates.
- If any given completion date is delayed for any reason beyond the Company's control (Including but not limited to inclement weather, accidents,
loss or damage of any kind, strikes, cessation of labour affecting any trade engaged upon the works or the inability of the Company to secure labour and
/ or materials) a fair and reasonable extension of time for completing the works shall be granted to the Company and the customer shall be responsible
for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment howsoever arising. The company and its authorised agents reserve the
right to cease works at any time for whatever reason and will not accept any form of responsibility for damage or damages so however caused due to
cessation of works.
- If for any reason the Company is unable to complete the works, the Company's liability will not exceed the value of the uncompleted part of the
works and the customer will remain liable to pay for the value of the completed part.
- Materials and equipment delivered to the customer's site for use will remain the Company's property until payment has been made in full, and in the
case of materials and equipment which remain unfixed until the Company has received payment in full. Until such fixing or payment the customer is
responsible for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment howsoever arising.
- Where applicable the customer is responsible for the accuracy of any drawings, design And / or specifications submitted to the Company by or on
behalf of the customer and the customer will indemnify the Company and keep it indemnified against any cost, claim, liabilities or damage caused by
any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such drawings, designs and / or specifications, Where no specifications have been supplied by the customer or
suppling agents the company shall use best practice, reasonable care and skill and determine best action, at no time will the company accept or invite
third party comments and or opinion or be bound by decision of third parties on works carried out by the company. At no time shall a customer retain
monies on works carried out once the company considers work to be completed.
- The customer will obtain all requisite building, planning and other statutory and bylaw consents and licenses required in respect of the works and
will indemnify the Company to keep it indemnified in respect of any failure to do so.
- Building Regulations, Current Part L Require the thermal insulation values to be upgraded to meet government standards. Should you choose not to
upgrade the insulation, you do entirely at your own risk and absolve the company from liability there in.
- The Companies liability in respect of works and surveys carried out and / or materials supplied under any conditions, warranties or their terms
whether expressed or implied by statute or otherwise shall be subject to the following: Where a written guarantee or warranty is given by the company
the Company's liability shall be limited to the terms of such a guarantee or warranty; and a) Any such guarantee or warranty shall not apply in respect of
damage from the result in foot traffic upon the roof surface, abnormally high winds/storms or excessive movement of the roof structure; and b) The
Company shall be given immediate notice of any defects being discovered in writing and no remedial works shall be a carried out by any person, firm or
company; and c) The Company's liability shall in any event be limited to the contract price.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the movement or vibration to ceilings or areas where internal finishes are fixed
to structural timbers supporting our work. Furthermore during the removal of the roof coverings inevitably dust & debris will fall into the loft space/
garage space. The customer is responsible for removing stored possessions prior to commencement of works. During the course of the roof works the
Company will use its best endeavours to ensure that the building will be kept watertight, however from the nature of the works involved it's not possible
under sudden or severe adverse weather conditions to guarantee the exclusion of water through a roof which is temporarily open or an overnight seal.
- All warranties and forms of guarantee will be passed to the customer only upon full and final payment of works. The Company's warranty shall not
include parts, materials, or equipment not manufactured by the Company and the customer in such circumstances shall only be entitled to the benefit of
any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer or supplier (as the case may be) to the Company to the extent that the Company is
entitled, at no cost to itself, to pass on the benefit of such warranty. Products used meet current regulations, BBA agreement approval, and British
Standards where applicable.
- Cancellation of a customer's order will be accepted only at the Company's discretion and the Company reserves the right in such an event to Charge
for all costs incurred prior to and / or resulting from such cancellation in addition to such other remedies as it may have.
- The information contained within our roof reports are a record of what we have seen and are given as our professional opinion and without
prejudice. There is no guarantee that our observations and opinions will be fully conclusive or without risk of additional unforeseen works being
required. While reasonable care is taken in the compilation of material for our reports. The author does not accept any liability whatsoever including
liability for negligence for any losses or damage (whether direct, indirect, reasonably foreseeable or otherwise) resulting from our reports.
- The Company cannot guarantee that some "ponding" of water may or may not occur on the roof surface (Flat roofing works), this should not be
considered as a defect and will not be detrimental to the performance of the roof membrane
- Samples submitted for approval will show for substance and general character only. No guarantee can be given regarding colour.
- All skips are estimated to be placed as close to the work site as possible, if the customer decides upon delivery of the skip, that they do not want a
skip where the company sees fit (i.e. on a drive way) an extra charge for moving of the debris to the skip will be added upon completion of the work
By instructing the company to carry out works it is assumed that you have received, read and understood these terms and conditions.